WELCOME TO THE BOAT-BOARD “HOW TO INSTALL” PAGE!!!
This page is dedicated to providing the instructions to install the Boat-Board.com STEP AND HANDLE to your boat trailer frame.
The Boat-Board.com STEP AND HANDLE is designed to provide a simple “bolt-on” installation that requires only 1 tool and usually less than 10 minutes of your time;
· The Boat-Board.com step and handle will come with all the hardware needed for installation; (2) ½” diameter square corner U-bolts, (4) flat washers, and (4) ½” locknuts.
· A ¾” deep well socket and ratchet wrench is the “best” tool for installation. (Note; Installation can be accomplished with other tools as long as the nuts can be tightened adequately to secure the step and handle assembly to the trailer so it doesn’t slip when loaded.)
· Position the mounting bracket portion of the Boat-Board.com step and handle assembly up against the right side of the 3” square winch support post on your trailer. (Tip: To help support the weight of the step and handle assembly before the first u-bolt, washers, and nuts are started - try resting the bottom edge of the mounting bracket, on top of the post bottom flange.)
· Install one of the square U-bolts around the post and through the two upper holes on the mounting bracket (see pictures to the right).
· While holding the assembly and u-bolt in place, install a washer and locknut on each of the u-bolt ends. (Note: Only loose assemble at this point.)
· Raise the step assembly to the desired height on the post and start tightening the two nuts using the wrench, alternating between the two nuts to ensure even tightening of the u-bolt. (Note: For now, only tighten nuts enough to hold the step assembly in place at the desired height.)
· Install the second square u-bolt around the post and through the two lower holes on the mounting bracket, and install the remaining two washers and locknuts same as before.
· Check and adjust step for height setting and level attitude, as needed, during final tightening of nuts.
· Securely tighten all four nuts, alternating between each set to ensure even tightening of both u-bolts.
Congratulations! Installation of your Boat-Board.com step and handle is complete. Enjoy!
>> Check out the BOAT-BOARD.com SAFE AND EASY page to review the BOAT BOARDING METHOD that is the safe, easy, and fast way to use the BOAT-BOARD.com STEP AND HANDLE!!! <<
HAVE A QUESTION? Please send e-mail to email@example.com
THANKS FOR VISITING THE BOAT-BOARD.COM WEBSITE!!
CHECK BACK SOON FOR THE LATEST UPDATES!!
Please bookmark this site to your favorites & check back later.
©copyright boat-board.com (est. 2008)